Group Stage Winners Tables for Every Group of the Group Stages starting with Groups A, B, C & D
All tables available for FREE Download – completely up to date
See the Match Schedule and the Points Table all in one easy to read view.
Only 3 Teams Still With a Chance
Qatar will not be able to go through to the Knockout round. One more game to play for each team.
- Qatar: Even adding 3 points to the board now will not help them
- Ecuador: They must draw or win against Senegal
- Senegal: Only a win will get them through convincingly. If they draw, they will be dependent on Netherlands losing and then the FIFA rules.
- Netherlands: Depends on how Senegal perform. If Senegal win, then the Netherlands must get at least a draw or FIFA will have to decide between Ecuador and Netherlands on goal difference and other factors.
Can Wales defeat England?
Wales getting 3 points will upset the applecart
If Wales can defeat England, a few things can happen:
- Iran: a win will make them the winner of the group on 6 points; a draw will see them compete against England on goal difference to get out of the Group Stage. A loss will send them home
- United States: A win will make them the winner of the group on 5 points. A draw or loss will send them home.
- England: competing against Iran on FIFA rules if Iran gets the draw
If Wales draws or loses against England (more likely scenario):
- England: becomes the leader of Group B on 5-7 Points
- Wales: goes home
- Iran: A draw or a win will be needed to go through
- United States: Must win to get ahead of Iran on points to get the 2nd spot for Group B in the Round of 16
SAUDI ARABIA SURPRISED THE GROUP
Too close to call
FIFA World Cup Group Stage
Quite a close group which could see three of the teams sitting on 4 points at the close of the Group.
- Argentina: a win is the best way for Argentina to escape the Group Stage. A draw puts Argentina on 4 points which may not be enough. A loss is sudden death.
- Saudi Arabia: A loss against Mexico will send them home. A win will secure their entry ticket to the Round of 16. A draw will be precarious.
- Poland: a win will see them top the Group C table. A loss means hoping for a Mexico win with goal difference in their favor.
- Mexico: all is not over but a win will not cinch it unless Poland wins
The previous winners of the World Cup mean business
France is sailing through the Group Stage
France may get a clean slate, 3/3 through the Group Stage. But here’s a few scenarios:
- France is the clear winner and gets a full 9 points. Or, draws with Tunisia to get 7. No other team will be able to match this. The only time it will get close is if Australia gets the win and France loses. And even so, both Australia and France will then progress through to the Round of 16.
- Australia: a win will get Australia out of the Group Stage for only the second time ever. A loss will send them home. A draw will be an issue if Tunisia get the 3 points.
- Denmark: Only a win will do the trick. As with Australia, a Tunisia win could threaten.